“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
We are so grateful to Anto from RelaxingCooking for nominating us for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. She is someone who puts a tremendous amount of love into her marvelous (and heartwarming) cooking blog, featuring delicious recipes in Spanish, Italian, and English.
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers you admire.
- Leave a comment on each of the blog’s letting them know they have been nominated.
Facts About Me
1. I am a music lover at heart and have always appreciated a wide variety of musical styles, from opera to country, and everything in between. Perhaps this is one of the things I have most enjoyed in Africa. Music is everywhere and, when there is no music, nature provides its own.
2. I love to cook, particularly Indian food, because it fascinates and challenges me with its wide variety of regional styles and ingredients and I adore everything about spices. The fragrances alone take me on a magic carpet ride.
3. I am (by far) the eldest of five children. So, I feel like I’ve been a mother for most of my life and, for me, having four children on a trip is the most natural thing in the world. In fact, I feel a bit sad and lonely when I have to travel without my children. The journey becomes bittersweet.
4. My favorite flavor of ice cream is peppermint stick. (What can I say?? I’m boring and old-fashioned:)
5. Nothing makes me happier than an evening at home, sharing an excellent meal with family over a bottle (or two) of good wine.
6. The more I travel, the more I appreciate the ephemeral nature of material things and their scant value compared to human relationships.
7. I am an eternal optimist, forever seeking a silver lining in every situation, because I believe misery is futile.
I have to be honest, it was very tough choosing just seven bloggers to nominate when I enjoy so many fantastic blogs every day. However, each of the bloggers I’ve selected inspires me and broadens my horizons. I hope you enjoy these blogs every bit as much as I have!
1. On the Road Book Club. Clanmother is a generous blogger who takes the time to mentor, encourage and inspire many of us in the WordPress community. If you’re looking for a pick me up, advice on a good read, or just need a little nudge in a positive direction, her blog is the place to find it.
2. Profiteroles & Ponytails. This is a busy gourmet mom’s dream blog. It is my go-to site for a great recipe in a pinch. It is filled with lovely photos, great stories and inspired tips for family entertaining.
3. Flânerie Féminine. Miret’s blog is my dream vacation, cum foodie escape destination. She has a knack for capturing the essence of a destination and snapping just the right shot to make you itch to hop on the next flight. So, I do a lot of vicarious travel through this delightful blog.
4. Teacher as Transformer. Ivon’s blog never ceases to lighten my day. His profound poetry is a welcome respite from the busyness of my days, bringing me back to center and calling me to reflect on what’s actually important.
5. A Niche World. I discovered Ani’s lovely blog relatively recently, and what a treat! She visits destinations that are off the beaten track and provides her readers with a fresh (and refreshing) perspective. She’s a lover of fine food and all that’s beautiful in the world. A great read!
6. On the Go with Lynne. Lynne is a lady that loves life and treasures humanity. Her warmth shines through her blog and her vivid descriptions of the people and places she visits. I love the fact that (although Lynne is not a 20-something backpacker) she connects with the actual people and places, wherever she goes in the world.
7. Cristina Bonetti. Cristina loves life, people and food, glorious food! Her blog is another recent (and treasured) discovery. She is the quintessential Italian foodie who shares her passion for Italy (and everything edible) with generosity and spirit. A real treat!