Today we are sharing a nice christmas craft for the whole family. This craft is wonderful because it helps recycle your old clothes or leftover fabric scraps. It’s also a great way to dress up plain brown wrapping paper. So, don’t feel sad when something you loved does not fit you anymore because you are going to give your outfit a second life with this craft. You will love these simple gift tag ornaments! Here’s how you do it.
What You Will Need
Card or scrap cardboard (This is a great use for old cereal boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
Scraps of fabric
Ribbon or string
A circular cup or glass
Our template (or you can just make your own shapes)
Optional: Pencil, glitter, glitter glue, a pen, or paint
1. Cut out your chosen template, or trace a circle, using a round cup or glass, and cut it out.
2. Using a pencil, trace the template onto the the card.
3. Cut it out.
4. Trace the same template onto your fabric twice. (You will need one fabric cutout for each side of the card.)
5. Cut out your fabric pieces carefully and set aside.
6. Cover one side of your card template thoroughly with glue, paying particular attention to the edges.
7. Take your fabric and carefully place it over the liquid glue, adjusting it to cover your card. Don’t be concerned if the glue comes through the fabric. It will dry clear.
8. Let it dry thoroughly. Then repeat steps 6 and 7 on the other side and allow to dry.
9. Once your gift tags are dry, they will be quite stiff and you can easily punch a hole in the top center using a hand held hole puncher.
10. Then, take a page of construction paper (preferably white) and trace a small circle onto the paper. Cut it out. Write a note, such as Merry Christmas (name) in the center and punch a hole in the top.
11. Match the hole in your construction paper with the hole in your finished gift tag. Put a ribbon through the hole and tie it onto your gift.
Tip: You can also use this technique to embellish last weeks Christmas Tree Centerpiece project.
Thanks for all of you for voting for us in the St. Emilion competiton with My French Heaven. I am really grateful for your support!!